The University Safety and Security Committee's charge is to to enhance the Department of Public Safety contribution to the education, research, and leadership missions of The University of Iowa. Their primary responsibilities are:
- Reviewing the responsibilities of the Department of Public Safety and advise on how those responsibilities are successfully discharged;
- Advising on educational programs regarding safety and security issues that affect faculty, staff, students, visitors, and the general public;
- Advising on policies and procedures concerning University interests with respect to safety and security;
- Advising on processes for minimizing the likelihood of emergencies, and enhancing response to emergencies;
- Reviewing agreements and collaborations with non-University law enforcement agencies and advise on if those various associations are being maintained.
More information on the Safety and Security Committee can be found here: