Know the Law, Know Your Rights
The purpose of this course is to inform the students about some of the common state and local law violations that occur in the Johnson County area. We believe the information will enable the students to succeed in having a “good time” responsibly without jeopardizing their future.
Points of discussion included in the presentation are:
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness/Consequences
- Disorderly Conduct (Fighting in Public)
- Disorderly House
- Interference with Official Acts
- Sexual Assault
- Unlawful Use of an I.D.
- Police Encounters
- 4th Amendment Rights (Search and Seizure)
The education incorporates the "Fatal Vision Goggles" upon request--a learning device that simulates intoxication.
One hour course available to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Gain awareness of Iowa state and local laws
- Learn the consequences for violating the law