You are here
Better Men. Better Hawkeyes.
About the course:
Better Men. Better Hawkeyes. is a free, one-hour program dedicated to promoting healthy masculinity across campus, specifically engaging groups where students who identify as men come together. The program intends to address sexual violence by fostering large and small group discussions about gender stereotypes and sexual consent among peers.
- Is open to all genders and welcomes a variety of perspectives
- Identifies behaviors found in healthy relationships
- Explores participant's personal definition of sexual consent
- Teaches skills that can empower individuals to intervene in difficult situations
- Incorporates peer mentorship from student athletes and other student leaders
Better Men. Better Hawkeyes. was developed based on research from three programs, which include:
- Tuesday, Feb. 27: 7PM-8PM
- Wednesday, March 7: 7PM-8PM
- Wednesday, March 28: 7PM-8PM
- Thursday, March 29: 3PM-4PM
- Wednesday, April 4: 3PM-4PM
- Friday, April 13: 7PM-8PM
To sign-up for one of the dates above, visit:
To request a course for a specific campus group, use this form:
Unless otherwise indicated, classes are held at the UI Department of Public Safety, 880 University Capitol Center (UCC). Take the elevator or stair case near the parking ramp to the lower level, and enter the door on the left/north. Go down the ramp, and look for a sign for your course, whih will direct you to the training room.
This course is hosted by the University of Iowa Department of Public Safety in collaboration with the University of Iowa Athletics Program, Women's Resource & Action Center (WRAC), Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP), Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (OSMRC), University of Iowa Anti-violence Coalition, and Ending Violence at Iowa.