You are here
The NITE RIDE service is available to University of Iowa faculty, staff, and students of all genders. This service is powered by ride request application that allows users to request rides from their mobile device or desktop computer.
How to use the NITE RIDE request application
How do I use the new ride request application?
- Make sure location services are turned on in your cell phone settings.
- Visit niteride.its.uiowa.edu to begin the ride request process.
- Log-in using your HAWKID and password.
- Click “Make a Request.”
- Enter your cell phone number.
- Select the nearest pick-up location and drop off location based on your GPS location.
- Enter your vehicle preference and number of passengers.
- Confirm your request information.
- Click “Submit request.”
- The page will refresh when your ride has been assigned.
- You will receive a text message when your ride is approaching.
How do I cancel a NITE RIDE request?
You can cancel your NITE RIDE request on the ride request portal before your request has been assigned to a vehicle. Once your request has been assigned to a vehicle, you need to call 319-384-1111 to cancel your request.
What if I confirmed my request, but the information is inaccurate?
Call 319-384-1111 to edit your request information if your request has already been assigned to a vehicle. Otherwise, cancel your request and start over.
I visited the ride request application, but it’s not letting me request a ride. What do I do?
You cannot request a ride on the NITE RIDE service when NITE RIDE is not in operation. NITE RIDE is in operation between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. daily.
Frequently asked questions
When is NITE RIDE in operation?
10 p.m. – 5 a.m. daily.
Where is the NITE RIDE service available?
Who is the NITE RIDE service for?
The NITE RIDE service available to students, faculty, and staff of all genders who are affiliated with the University of Iowa and have a HAWKID.
How do I request a ride?
To request a ride, visit niteride.its.uiowa.edu and enter your cell phone number, pick up location, drop off location, and vehicle preference as prompted.
You can also arrange a ride by dialing 319-384-1111.
What is the difference between a standard and express ride?
Standard: The standard NITE RIDE service is free, has seating for up to 13 passengers, and will drop each passenger off at their final destination depending on geographic location.
Express: The NITE RIDE Express service is $1 per person, has seating for up to three passengers, and will drop you off directly at your final destination.
What are the rules?
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- Immediately contact the driver with safety concerns, or call 911.
- Violations will immediately stop the operation of the vehicle.
- Violators may be arrested and face possible expulsion from the University of Iowa.
- All vehicles are audio and video recorded.
Does NITE RIDE have Disability Accommodations?
NITE RIDE has partnered with UI Fleet Services and Cambus for access to a wheelchair accessible vehicle for the NITE RIDE service. If you are a person with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation in order to use NITE RIDE, select the “Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle" option in the ride request application, or contact the UI Department of Public Safety at 319-384-1111 to arrange a ride. This service is available during the same hours as NITE RIDE.
Other resources that are available include the Bionic Bus and the Accessible Fixed Route Service provided by Cambus. For more information on transit services for persons with disabilities, visit the university’s parking and transit website.
Questions or concerns?