You are here
Effective August 17, 2016, NITE RIDE will transport people of all genders. NITE RIDE will be facilitated by a mobile application that will allow users to request rides from their smartphones.
- Persons of All Genders will be welcome on NITE RIDE
- NITE Ride will employ an App-Based Service using the Trans-Loc Rider app so rides can be scheduled at the click of a button
- NITE Ride will pick up and drop off at any location within our boundaries.
- NITE Ride’s phone number will remain 319-384-1111 for those riders unable to use or access our TransLoc Rider app
- NITE Ride service will be limited to the east side of the river for the duration of football games and other high profile events at Kinnick Stadium due to excessive traffic.
Rules of The Bus
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated
- Immediately contact the driver with safety concerns or call 911
- Violations will immediately stop the operation of this vehicle
- Violators may be arrested and face possible expulsion from the University of Iowa
- All vehicles are audio and video recorded
How To Use The Trans-Loc App
The TransLoc Rider App can be downloaded from: http://translocrider.com or can be found on the Apple App Store or Google Play. A list of FAQs about the TransLoc Rider App. You can also use this link as an alternate:https://ondemand.transloc.com/
- Choose University of Iowa as your transit system.
- Select the icon to in the bottom left corner to request a ride.
- You will be taken via your mobile device’s web browser to the TransLoc website to sign in or create your account.
- Once signed in, center the green “pick up” icon at the spot on the map where you want to be picked up or select from one of our preprogrammed University Academic locations represented by red dots then press the green “Select Pickup Location” button at the bottom of the screen.
- When the icon turns red move it to the location you’d like to be dropped off at and press the red “Select Drop Off Location” button.
- At the next screen you will enter the total number of riders you’re requesting to be picked up.
- The next screen will give you an estimated wait time and summary of the trip you’re requesting, when satisfied everything is correct press the blue “Confirm your trip” button to send your request.
When We Pick Up
New Schedule: Seven Days A Week, 7 PM-6 AM
NITE RIDE services out to Mayflower and Beckwith Boathouse and as far north as Foster Road and will drop off passengers along Benton Street and Sunset Streets as well as any other street within the Nite-Ride boundaries. Find a full map of our footprint here.
NITE RIDE has partnered with UI Fleet Services and Cambus for access to a wheelchair accessible vehicle for the NITE RIDE service. If you are a person with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation in order to use NITE RIDE, contact the UI Department of Public Safety at 319-384-1111 to arrange a ride. This service is available during the same hours as NITE RIDE.
Other resources that are available include the Bionic Bus and the Accessible Fixed Route Service provided by Cambus. More information on these services and their operation hours is available at: http://transportation.uiowa.edu/transit-services-persons-disabilities-bionic-bus.
Phone: 319-384-1111 (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
I can't create a log-in for my TransLoc app after I downloaded it, am I doing something wrong?
If you're using a phone, you can create a log-in during NITE RIDE service hours between 10pm-6am, if you want to log in using a computer, anytime should be okay.